Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Rainstick Cowbell - Fireants


Rainstick Cowbell is the solo project of Scott Arbogast, an ex-member of Creepy Old Trucks. Each song is only comprised of vocals and guitar, but Arbogast's unique and powerful voice that makes the album standout. Every track is charged with anger and passion, which is complemented by driving acoustic guitar arrangements. While this album is far from the normal image of alt-country or folk music, Arbogast has created a refreshingly different album that is worth a listen.

Track Listing:

1 In the September of My 35th Year
2 Stabbed in a Dream
3 Rainstick Cowbell Theme Song (I Don't Suck, I Chug)
4 Legg Perthes
5 For the Beatniks
6 Sun Tzu's the Art of War: Chapter 13 - Employing Spies
7 Mad At the Megalith
8 Somewhere, Right Now... It's Happening
9 What I Would Say to Le Corbusier
10 Burt Bacharach's Hands
11 The Waitress At the Diner
12 Ye Olde Future
13 Short, Quiet Spiritual
14 A Self-indulgent Song I Know, but I Want My Family to Hear This

-Clio

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, I’m a (relatively) old man and I won’t pretend to really understand the music or the lyrics, but I do have a little understanding of the artist. His passion for the message is as evident in the music as it is in real life. Give it an ear and I’m pretty sure you’ll feel it. Charge on Scott A!

PS – He gave me a Monkeys CD for my birthday. Now THAT’s passion, (or is it COM-passion?).

Stuck in the Plaines

Anonymous said...

rad cd.