Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Jenny Jenkins - Oventoucher


I've been meaning to post this for a while, but Jenny Jenkins, a quirky rising singer-songwriter from Olympia Washington, has released her second full length album, Oventoucher. I was anxious to hear this album when I saw it was released by Bicycle Records, which is home to artists such as June Madrona, Polka Dot Dot Dot, and Yes Please. While this was my first introduction to Jenkins, I haven't been able to stop listening since. Jenkins lyrics are honest, and slightly raunchy (but not distasteful), discussing issues of love, sex, and everything in between. Each song is simple and composed primarily of charming ukulele accompaniments, with horns and light percussion sprinkled in during some tracks. Jenkins' wit is undeniable, and the frankness found in her lyrics makes this album irresistible. Each song is filled with passion, and this album is worth your time, so check it out!

Track List:

1.Therapy
2.Don't Break Up the Band
3.Birdwatchers
4.Bath
5.Last Time
6.I Won't Kiss You
7.Wish You Were Here
8.Bus Angel
9.Chance
10.What Goes Around
11.Pheonix
12.Darkness Like Sunshine
13.Hey Babe
14.Arrow
15.Sleep With Evil
16.River
17.Jacket

You can download her song Last Time, which is my favorite song off the album here

-Clio

No comments: